Heinz-Erhard Förster, carpenter and shipbuilder
- Shipbuilding apprenticeship at Yachtwerft Abeking & Rasmussen
- 1973 - 1980 Self-employed boat builder in Bremen and Kiel
- 1983 - 1989 Joinery business in St. Barthelemy, Caribbean
- 1989 - 1992 Joinery business in Stamford, Connecticut, USA
- since 1992 joinery business in Oldenburg
In the past 25 years I have mainly realised my own designs and have also worked with architects. My field of work ranges from kitchens and furniture to shop fitting and boat building. The classical as well as modern boat building makes highest demands on the craftsmanship. The basic requirement is an extensive knowledge of the most different materials, their quality and processing. The transfer of experience and knowledge to the other fields of work enables me to find new solutions for the respective requirements.